On today’s episode, Edyne Plancy welcomes Jaime Jay. Jaime is the Founder and Managing Director of Slapshot Studio, a go-to boutique web development company for many entrepreneurs and small business owners. Tune in to learn how you too can successfully transition from the corporate world to entrepreneurship, and understand what you need to create your own business!
“Marketing is sharing your brand story with your targeted audience. The more you understand what marketing is, the better off you’re going to be.” -Jaime Jay
The Start of an Entrepreneurial Journey
Jaime’s entrepreneurial started at the very young age of 12 years old. Their family lived near a golf course in Colorado that time. He and his brother saw the opportunity, and sold lemonades just across the golf course.
They knew they’ll earn money if they charge it a little bit. Eventually, they decided to start another business endeavor. So, they collected golf balls and sold them.
Experience in the Corporate World
Jaime loved the idea of working and earning since that childhood experience. As their family passed by some huge corporate buildings one night, he had the inspiration to venture into the corporate world.
“One day, that’s going to be me. I’m going to be on top of the building.” -Jaime Jay
He pursued it years later, and spent some time in the technology sector and the radio sector. But, it turned out to be very restrictive.
Serving Clients Better
Jaime left the corporate world and started his own business, a real estate ad agency in California. But by 2008, he lost all of his clients. He needed to start over.
“In order for me to move at the pace that I wanted to move at, I really have to have the ability to make a decision on the fly so that I can serve my clients better.” -Jaime Jay
That’s when he took his knowledge and expertise in websites and marketing, and founded Slapshot Studio. Jaime never looked back since then.
- Slapshot Studio website
- Stop Riding the Pine special NHL series
- Bottleneck Virtual Assistants
- WeThrive Marketing
- Podcast Pilot coaching, editing, and writing services
- Work with Jaime: email@example.com
- Connect with Jaime on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram
Download and listen to Jaime Jay. Don’t forget to leave a rating and review if you enjoyed the show. We would love to hear from you!
The Week In Review:
- Sofia Coppola was awarded Best Director in the Cannes Festival 2017. That made her the second woman to win the award in the festival history.
- Jessica Chastain was surprised by the representation of some women in the some of the films in the competition.
- 22 women executives made it to the Ad Age’s Women to Watch.
- The US pulled out of the Paris Climate Agreement.
- John F. Kennedy just turned 100 years old.
**Photos courtesy of Slapshot Studio and Stop Riding the Pine podcast
Connect with The Edyne Plancy Show
Copyright 2017 – EDYNE PLANCY – All Rights Reserved